All our Galician Blonde breed cuts without the bone are dry-aged for a minimum of 20 days. And are feed 100% in grass.
This really special breed, are at least 10 years old cows, with an incredible fat infiltration, a yellowy fat due to the diet and pastures, that tastes even like sweet sometimes. Used by acclaimed restaurants in all the UK, with some of them making it the masterpiece for their concept.
This whole Cap of Rump is becoming really famous from all the Rodizio churrascarias across the world, easy to achieve perfection, perfect for a roast in the oven or BBQ as a whole piece or as steaks.
The Galician Blonde is a protected breed just found in northern Spain, with many monitors in place to keep the consistency that has made it famous.
There are several ways to cut the Beef Rump cap, but often you’ll find that the most simplistic way brings out the best flavour in the meat. Below we will give you a quick recipe on how to cook Beef Rump in the oven.
- Start by preheating your oven to 120 degrees so it’s ready for the beef later.
- Take a pan skillet on high heat and add in an oil or fat. Beef dripping is recommended, however, oil or butter will work just as well.
- Season the meat generously with salt and pepper – simple seasoning goes a long way when it comes to beef cuts.
- Once seasoned, place the meat fat face down in the pan and reduce the heat down to low.
- You may notice that the fat will reduce quite a bit whilst in the pan, and the residue will simmer. Drain this fat our of the pan and put aside for later.
- Place the meat back in the pan fat side down once again and cook for around 6-8 minutes or until the fat crisps.
- Flip the meat over and baste the top of the meat with the remaining fat residue. Keep cooking until the meat is a beautiful pinkish colour on the inside.
- Take the meat to the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes and let the meat rest.
- Cut the meat against the grain to ensure it has the best texture and isn’t chewy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more?
Click here to have a read of some of our other recipes.
A minimum of 3 months from shipment